Regulation Submission of Films at the 7 th Chania International Film Festival
- The Chania Film Festival takes place from 23 October to 2 November 2019 in Chania, Crete.
- The Chania Film Festival is NOT a competition festival.
- The final date for the submission of the films is May 5, 2019. Those shortlisted for the Festival will be notified electronically by July 31, 2019.
- The film should be a production of the last five years (2015-2019).
- Films under 10 minutes are considered very short, from 10 to 50 minutes are considered short, while more than 50 minutes are considered as feature films.
- Applications can be submitted electronically at:
- For the qualifying selection stage, the submission of the films should be done via a web link, youtube or vimeo, sending along the passwords.
- The selected entries must be sent by post to:
Cultural Society of Crete / Chania Film Festival / P.O. Box 3 Dimokratias and Hali Vamvakopoulos, P.C. 73135 Chania, Crete.
Alternatively and upon request, they should be sent electronically through a relevant platform.
- Greek-speaking films should have english subtitles (harcoded) on the image.
- For non-Greek-speaking films, a film without subtitles ("net") should also be sent along with a separate archive with the English subtitles, clocked in .srt format.
- A Trailer with English subtitles as well as a full press kit (photos, presentation, contributors, etc.) should also be sent for promotional purposes.
- The final copy that will be screened at the Festival should be available in:
File / File: mp4
Resolution/ Analysis: 1920×1080
Aspect ratio: 16:9
Scan type: Progressive
Bitrate: 10000 – 12000 Kbps
Frame rate: 25 fps
Audio/ Audio: AAC, 256 – 320 Kbps, 48000 Hz
- The file must be delivered to DVD-ROM or BD-R or Flash memory or USB stick or hard drive (return after the end of the Festival, if requested).
- The material should be collected at the Festival's offices by 25/8/2019.
- The Festival reserves the right - with the consent of the creators - to promote part of its program in parallel events after the end of the Festival.
- The directors, whose film will be nominated for the Festival, will be hosted in Chania.
- The Festival reserves the right to reject any application if it has not been completed evenly or if the material does not arrive within the deadline at the Festival's offices.
- The Festival has the exclusive competence to determine the screening schedule of the films (day and time).
- The Festival reserves the right to reject any material that is not relevant to its character and purposes.
- The Festival may use certain excerpts of the film or trailer for promotional purposes.
- Participants should interview the media sponsors and be photographed if requested.
- Part of the Festival will be filmed for the purpose of preserving archival material and promoting it to the public. The public or participants whose presence will be evident in these places do not have the right to make any claim from the organizing company.
- Participation in the Chania Film Festival implies the acceptance of all the above regulations.
For any clarification or information you can send a message to the email@example.com