Description: The presentation will be about the anthropocentric documentary, based on the director's personal experience. But the ideas that are developed for the approach of each issue and the of people who are filmed, concern, many more areas of creation and artistic expression, they concern our own lives. The creation of such a documentary is a Small Adoption of the subject and the persons presented.
In this context, the presentation will, among other things, approach the following topics:
- The documentary and the truth it expresses.
- The creation of a relationship of trust with the filmed persons.
- The shooting and editing of an anthropocentric documentary.
- projection of characteristic excerpts from the director's films.
Speaker: Stavros Psyllakis (documentary director)
Addressed to: A group of 20 interested parties who are involved in the making of films or are simply friends of cinema.
Workshop Day: Thursday, October 29, 2020
Time: 16:00 – 18:00
Duration: 2 hours
Place of Implementation: Cultural Center of Chania and / or online through the Zoom platform. (The teachers will be sent the necessary link).
A certificate of participation will be given
IT IS MANDATORY TO REGISTER THROUGH THE FOLLOWING LINK (on a first come, first served basis)
CURRICULUM VITAE - STAVROS PSYLLAKIS
- He was born in Chania in 1954.
- B.Sc. in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering [National Technical University of Athens]
- Degree in Directing from the E. School. HATZIKOU.
- Scholar of the French state in Paris. Director of an anthropological documentary at the Ateliers VARAN.
- Collaboration in films of L. Papastathi, D. Theou, S. Turner
- Collaboration in the creation of a DEPARTMENT OF VISUAL/STICK MEDIA at the INSTITUTE OF MEDITERRANEAN STUDIES of the I.T.E. Directing in a documentary by the I.M.S.
Stavros Psyllakis, signs the direction and script of about 45 documentary films, including:
2019 - FOR NO REASON meetings with Giorgos Maniatis 98min
Halkida Greek Documentary Festival, 2019)
2015 - THE MIDDLE LIGHT 92min
HONORARY DISTINCTION (
Chalkida Greek Documentary Festival 2015)
SPECIAL JURY PRIZE (
International Fest. Documentary Ierapetra 2015)
BEST DOCUMENTARY & BEST MUSIC at L.G.F.F. (London Greek Film Festival, 2016)
2015 - OLYMPIA 45min
KOINOY AWARD (17th THESSALONIKI DOCUMENTARY FESTIVAL
2014 - SMALL STORIES ROMA 67min
1st DOCUMENTARY AWARD. GREAT LENGTH (3rd International) Doc Festival. Ierapetra 2016)
2nd PRIZE (2nd Festival BEYOND THE BORDERS in Kastellorizo 2017)
2012 - METAXA listening to the time 87min
2nd PRIZE (6th Halkida Greek Documentary Festival)
2009 - OTHER ROAD THERE WAS NO 87min
PRIZE (GREEK FILM ACADEMY 2010)
Halkida Greek Documentary Festival)
KOINOY AWARD (2nd International)
Nicosia Documentary Festival)
2000 - THE MAN WHO ANNOYED THE UNIVERSE 52min
GREEK AWARD. DOCUMENTARY (2
International Kalamata Documentary Festival)