The aim of the program is to sensitize the participants and multiply the local community on issues of local, public and oral history and to create, after training and education, a nuclear team of researchers of oral history in thematic areas related to the history of Crete.
The project aims to train oral history researchers on:
- Strengthening historical research and the production of historical knowledge through an discovery learning process.
- Contribution to the development of critical and creative thinking and to the formulation of historical discourse by the participants.
- Use of the participants' knowledge and experience pool of knowledge and experience on family and local history.
- Activation and strengthening of cooperation and two-way communication between researchers and the local community.
- Providing opportunities for cooperation between local bodies, schools, collectives, independent researchers of local, public and oral history.
- Strengthening the interest of members of local groups and communities for the past of the place and their contribution to the strengthening of historical memory and historical consciousness.
Special objectives for the participants:
The acquisition of historical research skills, the design of oral interviewing, the technical processing of oral interview material, the archiving of material and the creation of a repository of oral interviews, the use of oral testimonies for use in the community and in education.
In addition, the creation of audiovisual products -documentaries and short narrative films based on data from the repository of oral testimonies that will be created.
The educational-educational program "Voices" - oral history in the foreground" attempts to explore aspects of the local history of Crete that are associated with orality, to bridge eras and cultures through speech and representations of people about the important things of their lives and the lives of the important others of their neighborhood, their village, their city, their place.
Program Duration: eight (8) months
Training Steps of the Program:
Participants are obliged to attend the face-to-face meetings of the program (possibility of 5% absence in the total hours) and to prepare the activities assigned remotely.
To successfully complete the program they must receive 2 interviews and complete the suggested material file for these interviews. The file will be evaluated for its adequacy by the responsible trainer/ coordinator of each thematic area of oral interviews.
The participation of the participants in the production of a film product is optional, using the material of the oral interviews.
Participants areprovided with supportive Eg i
c a l o g u e w it h
, with bibliography, useful websites and good practices for their study. Also available in printed form is the publication of the Regional Unit of Chania "Oral Histories – a guide of oral history for education and the community" [Repousi M. & Andreadou C. (ed.), 2012].
At the same time, it providedthe full
support and domenOo m is s i onpr o t ec t i on o f theaideymeno o p r o t ec t i on o f theP a r l i afim m ent ad op t e dthelectroni a t i on (y a to space Pa r l i afim m en t ad op t eThereis a ekThen learning(ma) Fhis/her trainer, mmedian en a nd a n d a n d aobloodied inthefilamentrm m o t ielectroniu nc il S t ra t e g yt e r n a t i onmatteepici noonia, for thein the middleof they y ap p r o t ec t i on o f theyxetWhatis the casey y y me th e a n d t h e a n d t h Ithematic units andAt e r n a t i on a l l yorsEyou are o p e a n dxioloysthes or th e n telykor work.